
Our final for my Illustrator class was creating one of these postcards for Austin. You'll find mine below. Nothing spectacular. Our only constraint was that (1) we had to use actual bitmap photographs (we could not convert to Live Trace, for those who know what that is), and (2) we had to use Illustrator's Extrude effect to make the letters look 3D. I used 3 extrude effects here, even though most people only needed the 1. The reason is because I wanted to include wireframe shading on the letters in addition to the diffuse shading that is default when you Extrude.
The tagline "The Greenest City in America" is an actual fact. I pulled it from an MSN article.
Can you tell where all the pictures were taken?
Also notice that the cut-out in the "N" is the UT tower.
1 comment:
Melissa, yours is cute! Love the GREEN.
Post a Comment