14 November 2008
Diller-Time will never be the same
Pictures from Steve's last homemeeting. (I should have posted this back in August.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fo' Shizzle is like saying Amen
Vivian, class of 1967
Embrace the pain to learn its lessons well
C.S. Lewis
I don't understand why people would be offended that I have wished them merriment on a particular day. I wonder if they would be as offended is I wished a "Merry 25th of December?" Probably not. I do prefer to wish "Happy Holidays" in the month of February. There are plenty of holidays in that month with Presidents Day, Valentines Day, Groundhog Day, Lincoln and Washington's Birthdays. I sometimes worry that someone who doesn't believe in Pres. Lincoln will be offended.
Anonymous Life Hacker, on "Happy Holidays" versus "Merry Christmas"
Dear Future Generations,
Please accept our apologies. We were roaring drunk on petroleum.
Love, 2006 A.D.
Unknown
Consploded!
Rev, unaware that it is actually pronouced "exploded"
...Where debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid-off home mortgage has replaced the BMW as the new status symbol of choice.
Dave Ramsey, financial counselor, and the tagline he uses to begin each radio broadcast of The Dave Ramsey Show
...You can have more degrees than temperature, but...
Pastor Paul Shepard, explaining that head-knowledge doesn't necessarily equate with relationship savvy
Most of us, as children, view parents as extensions of our own needs, not as frail, passionate individuals. Parents themselves are complicit in this deception, concealing grief or desire in order to reassure us.
Katherine B. Weissman in her short story Forgiving my Father
While previous youth movements have challenged the dysfunction and decadence of their elders, today we have the "hipster" -- a youth subculture that mirrors the doomed shallowness of mainstream society.
Douglas Haddow for Adbusters
The home, not the school, was the original educational system. The school, not the home, is the substitute.
Raymond Moore
Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
Elizabeth Stone, journalist
Pull my finger...
Freud
You're the one person you can't get away from.
Joyce Meyer
Sometimes the best consequences are the natural ones.
unknown
Why must you always be so contrarian to me
a fellow argumentative co-worker
Mom, but if you have a pimple on your nose, how will you be a girl?a very concerned Rev
Quack, you shouldn't go eating things you find on the floor; they might be somebody else's hobby.Peep, from a recent webisode of Peep and the Big Wide World
Confession is not negative, it's just getting rid of the junk. Every morning it's so sweet to confess, "You are. I'm not!"Howard Higashi
A pedestrian pedests into a bar...Mysterious co-worker via messenger, after a lunchtime discussion about the various definitions of the word "pedestrian."
No comments:
Post a Comment