06 March 2009

Bike lanes now on Steck!

Last week, crews were at work re-paving Steck Avenue - the street that I both work and live on. From my office window, I watched them mill, place, and roll hotmix. Lane by lane. It was quite a nice to be reminded of my TxDOT days when I used to inspect and direct such activities. This week, I was surprised by the most lovely of gifts -- they re-striped the former four-lane undivided road into a three lane road with continuous left-turn lane and... the best part... bicycle lanes!! I noticed them striping yesterday, but wasn't able to snap a photo until this afternoon. Thank you City of Austin!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in san francisco, bicyclists are insane. they don't have to abide by any laws and justin was telling me that they are passing a law where bikers won't have to stop at red lights or stop signs if its clear. um. this is why i ride in cars. or something.

Unknown said...

hah! oh mandy and youre tales of "san francisco"