I was rushing through Teacher Heaven the other day, trying to keep up with a child running loose in the store and find some item at the same time when I hear something fall. Loudly. Turns out my little guy had accidentally kicked something hidden on the bottom shelf. Flustered, I scurried to check out the damage and put everything back in it's place. Turns out he had kicked these little stamps! (I've included a picture of them in the slideshow below.)
I had been wanting to get him some more tracing materials so he could practice his letters, and this seemed like a perfect fit. You stamp, then you trace. Two birds. One stone! This way they have tons of fun stamping (sounds of giggling children in the background), you create whatever words and sentences you'd like, and then they get lots of practice on their letters. What a great idea!
Add to that the stamp pad I got for it: Its 6-inches in diameter, perfect for hand stamping too.
We've made two cards using these stamps. Here is is working on one of them.
He was a little upset that I didn't include his entire name on the inside of the card.

As he wrote this he kept telling me all the letters I forgot to include. Pretty cool when a 3 year old knows all 10 letters in his name! Well, he's 4 now, but it's still cool.
1 comment:
Quit trying to mask your efforts to improve YOUR reading and writing comprehension skills. We all know why you really bought the stamps.
Post a Comment