04 December 2008

A Conversation: Babies


Part 1. The hour was late and Rev and I had just finished reading a long time favorite "Goodnight Baby."

Rev: How do I become a baby again?

Me: You can't become a baby again. You are born once and then everyday you eat and sleep and grow. You were born a baby but now are you bigger.

Rev: Born? But how do I get smaller again?

Me: You can't. Only bigger.

Rev: But (he paused and reflected before deciding), but I want to be boring again.


Part 2.
Friends Virginia and Matt were in the car with 3-year old daughter Madeleine on their way to birthing class for Madeleine's future baby sibling.

Virginia: What would you tell the class about being born?

Madeleine: (without hesitation, she answers) It was hot.

1 comment:

Monica said...

This is my first comment...

Even funnier the second time around. Also, do you what you can use to get smells out of closet carpet? :)

PS- Hi Rev!