The sweetest, most lost-looking pup came trotting into my backyard this weekend. Rev and Isaac played with her and chased her around the front and back yard. When she was still hanging around the house an hour later, I realized it was time to figure out where she belonged. Of course, she had no tags.
I met all my neighbors (finally) in an attempt to find her owners. No luck. Though, some of my neighbors took pictures of her and made flyers for me to post around the area, while another neighbor gave me dog food, a dog bowl, and a leash for use until her owner was found.
The puppy was very sweet and soft and obviously an indoor dog. So I brought her inside to protect her from the very playful couple of boys that lurked outside. She followed me from room to room, and when I sat down, she plopped down near by.
Later that afternoon, upon remembering what someone had mentioned earlier, I called the Humane Society. Her owner was actually in the building at the same moment that I was calling! We spoke on the phone (the puppy had actually crossed a major street before finding my house!) and soon after he came by and picked her up.
I found out that the puppy's name was Bentley.
A couple days later, I found these on my doorstep with a very thankful note for finding their lost little Bentley. What a wonderful surprise.


No comments:
Post a Comment