Considering buying this new lens. Have actually been considering it for several months, but finally got around to renting it! Will be using it for work tomorrow, but this afternoon, took some shots in my backyard to get familiar with it. This thing weighs almost 5 lbs! For comparison, the actual camera body weighs less than 1 lb. You can't imagine how lop-sided this rig is!
But it lets in lots more light! These photos were taken at 8pm and look how bright they are!

Luna loves baseball!

I was trying to get sun glare here, and I saw it in the viewfinder, but the lens took it out! I guess that's a good thing for most situations, but not when someone is WANTING glare...

Texture.

This was actually taken last week at night time. I have never seen the bug that leaves these exoskeletons everywhere, so I had to snap a shot. This little creature was drying off after his recent metamorphosis, I suppose.

Ok, back to the backyard. Here's the rope for the tree fort. Loving the short depth-of-field. Also loving the bokeh in the background.

Ahh, love relaxing in this hammock!

Lens is pretty sweet, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment